Amalakyadi Churna is an ayurveda preparation made with the ingredients like amalaki, chitraka, hartaki. This preparation is mostly used for the treatment for various intestinal disorders.
1. Amla (Amalaki ) –Phyllanthus emblica- 1 part
2. Citraka –Plumbago zeylanica (Root)- 1 part
3. Pathya (Haritaki )–Terminalia chebula – 1 part
4. Pippali —Piper logum ( Fruit)– 1 part
5. Saindhava lavana –(Rock salt) – 1 part
Method of preparation Of Amalakyadi Churna:
First of all take saindhava lavana as mentioned, heat it in a pan at low temperature to make it free from moisture. Make it into fine powder.
Take the ingredients from 1 to 5 as mentioned, wash and dry them and powder them separately. Mix all the powder homogeneously along with saindhava powder. Hence, amalakyadi churna with brown-coloured, smooth powder with pleasant odour and salty, spicy taste is obtained.
Store it in airtight containers. Pack it in air-tight container to protect from light and moisture.
Amalakyadhi churna is mainly used in various gastrointestinal disorders like amlapitta (gastritis), aruchi(anorexia), agnimandhya(dyspepisa), ajirna(indigestion), jwara(fever).
Dose: 5 to 10 g daily in divided doses.
- Special precaution should be taken by hypertensive patient.
- The preparation should not be used if humid or contaminated with fungus.