Avipattikar churna, a polyherbal Ayurvedic formulation is one of the most common ayurveda formulation in clinical practice. It is mainly used for the treatment of gastritis, constipation, flatulence.etc.
Avipattikar churna consists of fourteen different ingredients, which include: Shunthi (Zingiber officinale), Maricha (Piper nigrum), Pippali (Piper longum), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Vibhitaka (Terminalia bellerica), Aamalaki (Emblica officinalis), Musta (Cyperus rotundus), salt (Vida Lavana), Vidanga (Embelia ribes), Ela (Amomum subulatum), Patra (Cinnamomum tamala), Lavanga (Syzgium aromaticum), Trivrit (Operculina terpethum) and Sharkara (Sugar candy). All the components are present in 1 part except Lavanga, Trivrit and Sugar candy, which are present in 11, 44 and 66 parts respectively.
|Shunthi||Zingiber officinale||Root||1 part|
|Haritakı||Terminalia chebula||Fruit Pulp||1 part|
|Pippalı||Piper longum||Fruit||1 part|
|Bibhitakı||Terminalia belerica||Fruit pulp||1 part|
|Amalakı||Emblica officinalis||Fruit Pulp||1 part|
|Maricha||Piper nigrum||Fruit||1 part|
|Nagarmotha/Musta||Cyperus rotundus||Rhizome||1 part|
|Bida(Salt)||Sodii chloridum||1 part|
|Vidanga||Embelia ribes||Fruit||1 part|
|Ela||Elettaria cardamomum||Seed||1 part|
|Talishpatra/Tamalpatra||Cinnamomum tamala||Dried Leaves||1 part|
|Lavanga||Syzygium aromaticum||Dried Flower Bud||11 part|
|Nishoth/Trivrut||Operculina turpethum||Root||44 part|
|Sharkara||Saccharum officinalis||66 part|
Method Of Preparation:-
All the compostions as mentioned above are made into fine powder and mixed up homogeneously and stored in a closed tight container.
3-6 gram twice a day with luke warm water or milk or coconut water.
Use of Avipattikar churna :
- Gastritis( Due to its pittasanana property)
- Indigestion, Anorexia (Due to its dipana and pachana property)
- Abdominal Pain
- Flatulence(Due to its vataanulomana property)
- Nausea, Hiccup, Bleaching, Vomiting (due to its vataanulomana property)
- Constipation(Due to its virechana/mild laxative property)
- Hepatic disorders
- Also beneficial in kidney disorders.
- Beside the above indication, it is beneficial in many other disorders along with the combination with other rasaushadh (herbo-mineral preparation).
- It should be taken under supervision of ayurveda physician.
- Pregnant women should be careful to use this.
- As, it contains sugar diabetes patient shouldnot use it.
- Donot use the preparation with abnormal odour, colour and morphology as they may be contaminated by fungus and yeast.