Brihat vata chintamani rasa is an ayurveda formulation and is a drug of choice for vataj disorders like rheumatoid arthritis, facial palsy, hemiplegia, Prolapsed IntraVerticular Disc(PIVD), Sciatica. This preparation consists of heavy metals including swarna, rajat, lauha bhasma. This preparation is explained under vatavyadhi rogadhikara in bhaishajya ratnawali.
Swarna bhasma- 3part
Rajat bhasma-2 part
Abhrak bhasma-2 part
Lauha bhasma-5 part
Prabal bhasma-3 part
Mukta bhasma- 3part
Rasasindoor- 7 part
Ghrit kumari-Aloe vera(leaf pulp)- as required
Method of preparation:
First of all fine powder of rasa sindoor is made and the remaining bhasma are added into rasa sindoor and mixed homogeneously. Then, leaf pulp of ghrit kumara is added in the mixture and mixed homogeneously. After proper mixing , tablet each weighting 125 mg are made, dried and stored in the container.
Dose: 125 mg to 250 mg or as directed by the physicians.
Anupana/ Sahapana: Honey, Jatamanshi decoction, sugarcane juice
Therapeutic Use Of Brihat Vata Chintamani rasa :
- Brihat vata chintamani rasa is drug of choice for the diseases due to disbalance of vata dosha.
- Brihat vata chintamani rasa mainly balances the vata and pitta dosha.
- Good in various rheumatological disorders like rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis.
- An excellent rasayan(rejuvinating agent) and vajikarana (aphrodisiac).
- Beneficial for the treatment of facial palsy, hemiplegia, paraplegia, sciatica, PIVD, migraine, epilepsy,psychosis.
- Also works as a catalyst and is prescribed along other medicines for treatment of various disease.
Precautions For Brihat vata chintamani rasa:
- Brihat vata chintamani rasa contains heavy metals, so use this under strict medical supervision.
- Avoid this preparation by pregnant and lactating mother as well as children.
- Hypertensive patient and patient with cardiovascular problems should use this preparation under strict medical supervision.
- Do not use for long duration, not more than three months. If necessary, regular monitoring of liver and renal function should be done.
- Keep medicine out of reach of children and store in cool and dry place.